Eve For Life is a champion in shaping a world where the sexual health and rights of young women and girls are protected and upheld.
To improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights, and quality of life of young women and girls exposed to HIV and sexual and gender-based violence.
Goal 1: To ensure comprehensive, client-centred, non-discriminatory sexual health services for
adolescent girls through education and training
Goal 2: To expand the mentor mom initiative within the Jamaican health care sector as the main focal point for the provision of Health support services to adolescents mothers
Goal 3: Design and deliver strong capacity development programmes promoting positive attitudes to PLHIV, healthy sexual behaviours, parenting skills
Goal 4: Increase the scale and coverage of HIV communication for the general population
Goal 5: Strengthen policy engagement for teen mothers and women and girls living with HIV
Goal 6: Address behaviours fuelling the epidemic such as sexual coercion, violence against women, and transactional and cross-generational sex, and sex trafficking
Eve for Life core services and programmes include parenting interventions, HIV and AIDS counselling, social support, training and capacity building, Heducation and community sensitisation and mobilization and advocacy.
Some of our services are influenced by The AIDS Support Organisation (TASO) of Uganda, a best practice in HIV and AIDS response.
We offer counselling services to women and children with HIV and AIDS and their families
• Provide parenting support for families living with HIV
• Minimize the social ills caused by HIV and AIDS through psychosocial support to clients and their families.
• Empower children and young people living with HIV to participate effectively in the HIV response through life skills programmes
• Provide VCT support and training to EVE and other organizations to ensure the effective provision of counseling and support
• Sensitize the public and to promote positive attitudes towards people with HIV